Arizona Land Use Permit

Home Forums Geocaching in Wisconsin Announcements Arizona Land Use Permit

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  uws22 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kmhiker
    Participant

We just came back from Arizona, and have a “Land Use Permit” that is good until Sept of 2014. You will need it if you are going to do any of the “Geoart” that is abundant there. Just drop me a note and I’ll get it to you.

peach107

I just moved to AZ from Wis and do a bit of hiking. That might come in handy. If someone really needs it let it go, otherwise…………….I’d take it.

Lacknothing
    Participant

@kmhiker wrote:

We just came back from Arizona, and have a “Land Use Permit” that is good until Sept of 2014. You will need it if you are going to do any of the “Geoart” that is abundant there. Just drop me a note and I’ll get it to you.

What is it for?

Walkingadventure

:gna:

Permission to use the land.

:lol2:

sandlanders
    Participant

Yes, that it is. Interesting to know.

http://www.azland.gov/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm

kmhiker
    Participant

It will be sent off to peach107 .
    All of the “geoart” are placed on AZ land trusts. With it one can drive on the desert etc.

peach107

still haven’t received it which is no biggie. went for an earthcache today on State Trust Land (GC17V1M). snuck in and out in the rain. cool EC. didn’t see any gestapo. oh well.

Curly Girls
    Participant

We were just in AZ and were with people who live there. They have no such thing and go in the desert all the time? I had no idea you needed a permit. I guess we broke the law? Good thing I had my attorney with me, I guess. If I visit again I guess I better look that up.

uws22
    Participant

certain BLM areas require it. The Barry Goldwater Range also requires a separate (free) permit, but many places are just open.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Badger State Geocaching