Switching to offroad mode on a 60CSx

Home Forums Geocaching in Wisconsin Help Switching to offroad mode on a 60CSx

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  RSplash40 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

kbraband
    Participant

I searched the gc.com forums for an answer to this question, but the tips I found there don’t seem to work on my 60CSx, so I thought I would ask here.

After navigating in “Follow Road” mode to get near a cache, I want to set out on foot and switch to “Offroad” so the pointer points directly to the cache.

The tips I found say to do this:

Press find>find[recent finds]>select waypoint>goto>offroad
    Then quit>quit, which takes you to the arrow screen.

However, when I press find>find[recent finds]>select waypoint>goto> at that point it automatically goes to the “Calculating…” box without giving me the option to switch to Offroad, so I’m still in Follow Road mode. Can anyone help?

Sean Connery
    Participant

Yes, go to your routing setup page and select “guidance method” and then choose “prompted”. At least that is how it works for my garmin 60cs. :P

Lostby7
    Participant

Team Hemi and I were just talking about this a couple of days ago….I couldn’t figure it out either…..I’d call this a design flaw on the part of Garmin; they could have made a better system of on the fly switching.

kbraband
    Participant

I just received the same answer in the gc.com forums. Thanks!

main menu…setup…routing… guidance method…. prompted.

greyhounder
    Participant

Press find>find[recent finds]>select waypoint>goto>offroad
    Then quit>quit, which takes you to the arrow screen.

When I got my 60CS I had to play around with it a bunch through the set up menus, but this is what I use. It would be really nice if it would automatically switch over, but that’s probably asking too much.

Bec

Lostby7
    Participant

@greyhounder wrote:

It would be really nice if it would automatically switch over, but that’s probably asking too much.
    Bec

Yep, that’s what I’d like as well, (or with a one button press) They are missing the boat on that functionality.

@Lostby7 wrote:

@greyhounder wrote:
    It would be really nice if it would automatically switch over, but that’s probably asking too much.
    Bec

Yep, that’s what I’d like as well, (or with a one button press) They are missing the boat on that functionality.

I agree here. My first time out I was a bit confused by it. Maybe we will get an update from garmin on the software.

hogrod

@kbraband wrote:

I just received the same answer in the gc.com forums. Thanks!

main menu…setup…routing… guidance method…. prompted.

Once you have prompted set it’s very easy to switch between follow road/offroad mode. When already navigating to a waypoint, from the map or compass screen hit menu and choose recalculate, then just choose on or off road.

Thanks Hogrod That does work. Of course to figure it out I was navigating my way through my living room

Vegas Gamblers
    Participant

@Team Hemisphere Dancer wrote:

Thanks Hogrod That does work. Of course to figure it out I was navigating my way through my living room

But did you find the cache or was it a DNF :lol:

RSplash40
    Participant

I suppose I should try this, I go by numbers only, never been able to get the hang of using the arrow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Badger State Geocaching