View Now unread message

Home Forums Geocaching in Wisconsin Help View Now unread message

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Timberline Echoes 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1727454

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    We keep getting the red flag up top of the screen that says we have a private message (View now) but when I click on it there are no messages. We did have a couple yesterday. I even put one in the save box to see if the flag would go away but it won’t leave and it won’t cough up the message. So what should we do?
    TE

    #1899355

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    Even logged out and back in… still have red flag that we have a new/unread message but our box is empty…
    TE

    #1899356

    furfool
    Member

    If it won’t go away, I’m guessing that you have been red flagged by the government. Maybe they think that you are a part of some sort of conspiacy. :lol:

    #1899357

    marc_54140
    Member

    @furfool wrote:

    If it won’t go away, I’m guessing that you have been red flagged by the government. Maybe they think that you are a part of some sort of conspiacy. :lol:

    or Gremlins!

    #1899358

    Jeremy
    Participant

    I modified the database and the false indication should have gone away. There is a small hole where one database table can be updated and another not, leading to this problem. (This happens to about 2 people per year… aren’t you lucky? :))

    #1899359

    Mister Greenthumb
    Participant

    @Jeremy wrote:

    I modified the database and the false indication should have gone away. There is a small hole where one database table can be updated and another not, leading to this problem. (This happens to about 2 people per year… aren’t you lucky? :))

    Who’s the other person?

    #1899360

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    We must be doubly lucky as it is still there… should I log out again and try????
    TE

    #1899361

    marc_54140
    Member

    @Mister Greenthumb wrote:

    @Jeremy wrote:
    I modified the database and the false indication should have gone away. There is a small hole where one database table can be updated and another not, leading to this problem. (This happens to about 2 people per year… aren’t you lucky? :))

    Who’s the other person?

    The OTHER half of TE!!!!

    #1899362

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    Must be as I logged out and in again… Gremlin is hangin on… must like it here…
    TE

    #1899363

    marc_54140
    Member

    @Timberline Echoes wrote:

    Must be as I logged out and in again… Gremlin is hangin on… must like it here…
    TE

    Let the OTHER half try!

    #1899364

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    I think it just wants us to feel special. Like there is some secret message just trying to get to us. It will come when it is suppose toooooooo……..

    #1899365

    Timberline Echoes
    Participant

    Jeremy just for your info we still have the red flag but the message box is empty.

    TE

    #1899366

    I think this may be a smaller problem than these voices I hear; and they aren’t even talking to me. :wink:

    Duh! The television was left on. :lol:

    #1899367

    Jeremy
    Participant

    OK Timberline Echoes, the annoying red flag should be gone (finally… sorry :oops:). There was another way for this indication to get stuck on that I wasn’t aware of. If this happens to anyone else in the future (it shouldn’t unless there is a database problem), please shoot me a PM so I can get rid of it.

    I also made a change to improve the email notification that you can get when someone sends a new PM. The name of the person sending the PM is in the email message subject, so you can’t send someone a PM then delete it to virtually and anonymously mess with someone. :)

    #1899368

    Lostby7
    Participant

    @Jeremy wrote:

    The name of the person sending the PM is in the email message subject, so you can’t send someone a PM then delete it to virtually and anonymously mess with someone. :)

    Awe….now how am I supposed to mess with Greyhounder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Badger State Geocaching