View Now unread message

Home Forums Geocaching in Wisconsin Help View Now unread message

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Timberline Echoes 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

We keep getting the red flag up top of the screen that says we have a private message (View now) but when I click on it there are no messages. We did have a couple yesterday. I even put one in the save box to see if the flag would go away but it won’t leave and it won’t cough up the message. So what should we do?
    TE

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

Even logged out and back in… still have red flag that we have a new/unread message but our box is empty…
    TE

furfool

If it won’t go away, I’m guessing that you have been red flagged by the government. Maybe they think that you are a part of some sort of conspiacy. :lol:

marc_54140

@furfool wrote:

If it won’t go away, I’m guessing that you have been red flagged by the government. Maybe they think that you are a part of some sort of conspiacy. :lol:

or Gremlins!

Jeremy
    Participant

I modified the database and the false indication should have gone away. There is a small hole where one database table can be updated and another not, leading to this problem. (This happens to about 2 people per year… aren’t you lucky? :))

Mister Greenthumb
    Participant

@Jeremy wrote:

I modified the database and the false indication should have gone away. There is a small hole where one database table can be updated and another not, leading to this problem. (This happens to about 2 people per year… aren’t you lucky? :))

Who’s the other person?

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

We must be doubly lucky as it is still there… should I log out again and try????
    TE

marc_54140

@Mister Greenthumb wrote:

@Jeremy wrote:

Who’s the other person?

The OTHER half of TE!!!!

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

Must be as I logged out and in again… Gremlin is hangin on… must like it here…
    TE

marc_54140

@Timberline Echoes wrote:

Must be as I logged out and in again… Gremlin is hangin on… must like it here…
    TE

Let the OTHER half try!

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

I think it just wants us to feel special. Like there is some secret message just trying to get to us. It will come when it is suppose toooooooo……..

Timberline Echoes
    Participant

Jeremy just for your info we still have the red flag but the message box is empty.

TE

I think this may be a smaller problem than these voices I hear; and they aren’t even talking to me. :wink:

Duh! The television was left on. :lol:

Jeremy
    Participant

OK Timberline Echoes, the annoying red flag should be gone (finally… sorry :oops:). There was another way for this indication to get stuck on that I wasn’t aware of. If this happens to anyone else in the future (it shouldn’t unless there is a database problem), please shoot me a PM so I can get rid of it.

I also made a change to improve the email notification that you can get when someone sends a new PM. The name of the person sending the PM is in the email message subject, so you can’t send someone a PM then delete it to virtually and anonymously mess with someone. :)

Lostby7
    Participant

@Jeremy wrote:

The name of the person sending the PM is in the email message subject, so you can’t send someone a PM then delete it to virtually and anonymously mess with someone. :)

Awe….now how am I supposed to mess with Greyhounder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Badger State Geocaching