Parts of the Wisconsin Geocaching Association Cache of the Month use the Geocaching.com Live API. .|
Cache Rescue Mission CR1269
The cache Normandy 3rd WWII Series may be missing. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to:
- Go to the coordinates listed for this cache
- Attempt to find the cache container.
- If the container is present, try to perform any maintenance necessary to allow it to be hunted again. If you are unable to repair the cache, please note what maintenance work needs to be done in your mission report.
- If the container is missing or is the cache cannot be found for some other reason (i.e. missing stages of a multicache), post a "should be archived" note for the cache on geocaching.com.
- Report on the action you have taken and get credit for your work by filing a mission report here and by posting a note on the geocaching.com cache page.
It appears that the second stage may be missing. Please revisit stage 2 and report its condition. Do not remove the cache!
|[Verified Complete] 07/28/2009 00:54 by Administrator
|[Completed Mission] 07/27/2009 19:55 by gotta run
Cache Checked On: Yes
Current Cache Status: Cache container not present
WP1 was found and intact. The final, which we had previously found, was not where we had found it and the container could not be located anywhere near ground zero. We did pick up a few remnants of trash but no log book. Since previous logs indicate the container was missing, any contents of the cache would likely have been lost to spring flooding.
Regaring recent "finds" on the cache, signatures on the scrap of paper in the first waypoint would indicate that these cachers have only found the first waypoint and not the final, and the April 25 log on this cache confirms as such.
The final to this multi is AWOL.
WP1 left in place for the time being as requested in the mission report.
|[Approved] 07/23/2009 08:31 by Administrator
|[Submit] 07/23/2009 08:31