Registration is now closed. You can no longer sign up to camp in the group campsites. We will accept "walk ups" (people not registered) for the day caching events on Saturday, but you may not get any printed materials. Any last minute changes should be sent to email@example.com, or you can contact Jeff Rahmlow, President, at (920)242-5502 or Brian Jansen, Vice President, at (414)339-4970.
The WGA has chosen Peninsula State Park in Door County as the location for the 2006 Geo-Campout. This is one of the state's largest and most beautiful parks, encompassing 3800 acres with 7 miles of shoreline and 20 miles of hiking trails.
Permission to hold the event has been obtained from the park manager, and two large group campsites that can accommodate 100 campers have been reserved. The activities that will be held over the weekend are still being planned, but they will certainly include geocaching events on Friday night, during the day Saturday, and on Saturday night.
- The WGA has reserved 2 group campsites for the event. We can accommodate 100 campers or 30 tents. Reservations for camping at the group campsite are on a first-come, first-serve basis. The WGA is charging a fee of $10/night per group (individual, couple, or family unit) for those camping at the group sites to cover the costs of reserving sites. Camping fees must be paid in advance through the WGA Store.
- Campers and RVs are not allowed in the group sites. If you wish to bring your camper or RV to the park, you can reserve private campsites through Reserve America.
- This is a family event, all participants are requested to act accordingly.
- Standard State Park pet rules apply. Check them out here.
- Those attending are responsible for their own meals, beverages, and camping gear.
- A Wisconsin DNR sticker is required. (Daily stickers may be purchased at park entrance.)