The Wisconsin Geocaching Association

  Login or Register

Website Navigation

62.png Home

49.png Information Center
26.png WGA Newsletters
24.png Reviewer's Words
53.png Presentation Resources
39.png Geocaching Files
27.png Bookmarks
56.png Location Rules and Regs
49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors
 
Contact Us

 
Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

 
Follow Us

Twitter Button

 
Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
 
Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax
 
COTM
Winner -
September 2014 Northern Zone:
Bunyan's Bowling Ball

Winner -
September 2014 Northeast Zone:
Gardner Swamp Thing

Winner -
September 2014 West Central Zone:
Upper Dells SNA

Winner -
September 2014 South Central Zone:
Old Meets New

Winner -
September 2014 Southeast Zone:

Winner -
September 2014 Series of the Month:
Meet the WGA series


More Info >>>

 
 
Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Mathman
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-31
Posts: 2529
Location: Weston, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WOW!

I can't believe I have the #1 team.



1. Nano Haters 6-2-0 .750 3-1-0 761 617
2. Jerrys Dad 6-2-0 .750 2-1-0 724 653
7. kungfuhippie 4-4-0 .500 2-2-0 693 631
8. elfdoctors 4-4-0 .500 3-1-0 648 592
10. Hayward Cheezeheads 3-5-0 .375 1-2-0
12. SirC and the Nerds 3-5-0 .375 1-2-0 596
13. Scrappy Scout 2-6-0 .250 0-3-0 431 669

Soggy Logs
3. Wild Siders 5-3-0 .625 2-2-0 744 564
4. Johnny Cache 5-3-0 .625 3-2-0 738 686
5. Vegas Gamblers 5-3-0 .625 3-0-0 673
6. CacheARRRS 5-3-0 .625 3-1-0 649 615
9. Sunshine 4-4-0 .500 1-2-0 628 658
11. BigJim's Bruisers 3-5-0 .375 0-3-0 621
14. Furfools 1-7-0 .125 0-2-0 580 714 L-7 9 6

_________________
Infinity is a floorless room without walls or a ceiling. 
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Cache
WGA Member



Joined: 2005-08-30
Posts: 304
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mathman wrote:
WOW!

I can't believe I have the #1 team.


Time to pop the bubble. Twisted Evil Arrow Arrow Arrow
 
View user's profile Send private message
jerrys dad
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 1386
Location: Mukwonago

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mathman wrote:
WOW!

I can't believe I have the #1 team.



1. Nano Haters 6-2-0 .750 3-1-0 761 617
2. Jerrys Dad 6-2-0 .750 2-1-0 724 653


Maybe now that I'm through with all my byes but Rodgers, I can take it back!

_________________
\"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever\"-Shane Falco

\"Lets Rock\" - Al Bundy 
View user's profile Send private message
Mathman
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-31
Posts: 2529
Location: Weston, WI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jerrys dad wrote:
Mathman wrote:
WOW!

I can't believe I have the #1 team.



1. Nano Haters 6-2-0 .750 3-1-0 761 617
2. Jerrys Dad 6-2-0 .750 2-1-0 724 653


Maybe now that I'm through with all my byes but Rodgers, I can take it back!



We'll see. Should be a good match up between us.

_________________
Infinity is a floorless room without walls or a ceiling. 
View user's profile Send private message
jerrys dad
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-01-07
Posts: 1386
Location: Mukwonago

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be a fun week. 1 vs 2

_________________
\"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever\"-Shane Falco

\"Lets Rock\" - Al Bundy 
View user's profile Send private message
labrat_wr
WGA Vice-President
WGA Vice-President



Joined: 2007-05-19
Posts: 6122
Location: The Wildside

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jerrys dad wrote:
This is going to be a fun week. 1 vs 2


hoping you guys tie Razz

_________________
Operor vel Operor Non , Illic Est Haud Tendo

All forum posts are the thoughts and opinions of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of the WGA Board of Directors 
View user's profile Send private message
Vegas Gamblers
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-06-27
Posts: 6627
Location: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem with the scoring. I was up by two points this week and kungfuhippie only had defense left to score. Washington gives up 59 points and he still gets nine points for defense. I know that the points he got were for kick off return yardage. Well if someone gives up 59 points they are going to have huge return yardage. Next year maybe only have it be punt return yardage only, because the other team is punting because of the defensive stop on third down.
 
View user's profile Send private message
cheezehead
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-02
Posts: 6063
Location: Hayward, WI. USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Write this down some where. We can do negitive points also. A team D gives allows more than X points -7 points. Or do away with yardage points all together. But if a Kickoff teams score a TD, should it count then?
I have have always thought that it should be just points scored, just like the NFL. Ya get the ball in the endzoze or through the uprights. That's it.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Cache
WGA Member



Joined: 2005-08-30
Posts: 304
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vegas Gamblers wrote:
I was up by two points this week and kungfuhippie only had defense left to score. Washington gives up 59 points and he still gets nine points for defense. I know that the points he got were for kick off return yardage. Well if someone gives up 59 points they are going to have huge return yardage. Next year maybe only have it be punt return yardage only, because the other team is punting because of the defensive stop on third down.


VG - There's a flaw in how you thought you lost. If you take away return yards altogether, you would eliminate 5 points from your team. You would have lost by 3 before Monday nights game even started.

If we look at just punt return yards (I don't think Yahoo allows a commissioner to separate the two), you had 36 and KFH had 6. Converting that to FF points would have given you +1. Certainly not the difference in your matchup. Face it. You got your ass whooped. Kind of like the one you put on me in week 8. Very Happy

I never cared for the return yards. Last year Cheesy added it and the best receivers were the guys that received punts and kicks (Cribbs, Harvin, D. Jackson, Amendola, Stephens-Howling). That's pretty much how I won last year. This year it was watered down enough so that those players weren't big impact players. But it still can effect the Defenses. Look at 4 of the top 5 this year. Arizona, Washington, Detroit and Seattle. Guess what? Those 4 are in the top 6 for return yards. Now based on their records, I don't think many would say they're great defensive teams.

How about this:

Baltimore - Points allowed 165 (6th best) Return Yards 823 Fantasy 62pts
Arizona - Points allowed 243 (4th worst) Return Yards 1380 Fantasy 143pts

That's why it's called Fantasy. As it stands for this year, it is the scoring system we have and everyone should be aware of it. Everyone has the opportunity to pick up a bad defense to score points. Laughing
 
View user's profile Send private message
Vegas Gamblers
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-06-27
Posts: 6627
Location: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Cache wrote:
Vegas Gamblers wrote:
I was up by two points this week and kungfuhippie only had defense left to score. Washington gives up 59 points and he still gets nine points for defense. I know that the points he got were for kick off return yardage. Well if someone gives up 59 points they are going to have huge return yardage. Next year maybe only have it be punt return yardage only, because the other team is punting because of the defensive stop on third down.


VG - There's a flaw in how you thought you lost. If you take away return yards altogether, you would eliminate 5 points from your team. You would have lost by 3 before Monday nights game even started.

If we look at just punt return yards (I don't think Yahoo allows a commissioner to separate the two), you had 36 and KFH had 6. Converting that to FF points would have given you +1. Certainly not the difference in your matchup. Face it. You got your ass whooped. Kind of like the one you put on me in week 8. Very Happy

I never cared for the return yards. Last year Cheesy added it and the best receivers were the guys that received punts and kicks (Cribbs, Harvin, D. Jackson, Amendola, Stephens-Howling). That's pretty much how I won last year. This year it was watered down enough so that those players weren't big impact players. But it still can effect the Defenses. Look at 4 of the top 5 this year. Arizona, Washington, Detroit and Seattle. Guess what? Those 4 are in the top 6 for return yards. Now based on their records, I don't think many would say they're great defensive teams.

How about this:

Baltimore - Points allowed 165 (6th best) Return Yards 823 Fantasy 62pts
Arizona - Points allowed 243 (4th worst) Return Yards 1380 Fantasy 143pts

That's why it's called Fantasy. As it stands for this year, it is the scoring system we have and everyone should be aware of it. Everyone has the opportunity to pick up a bad defense to score points. Laughing


Sure, steal my moment of rant with FACTS! How dare you Razz Laughing

On another note, Your right I did whoop you ass in week 8. Razz
 
View user's profile Send private message
Mathman
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-31
Posts: 2529
Location: Weston, WI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Who's #1 this week????

_________________
Infinity is a floorless room without walls or a ceiling. 
View user's profile Send private message
cheezehead
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-02
Posts: 6063
Location: Hayward, WI. USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mathman wrote:
Who's #1 this week????

Well, Yahoo say Jerry's Dad is the Division leader. amd he's in your division, so, I'm going to say Jerry's Dad is!
 
View user's profile Send private message
Vegas Gamblers
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-06-27
Posts: 6627
Location: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm the only one who has not lost in my division. 5-0 baby. I gotta claim some bragging rights.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Mathman
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-31
Posts: 2529
Location: Weston, WI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vegas Gamblers wrote:
And I'm the only one who has not lost in my division. 5-0 baby. I gotta claim some bragging rights.


That may be true...but......... you are in the "weaker" division. wink

_________________
Infinity is a floorless room without walls or a ceiling. 
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Cache
WGA Member



Joined: 2005-08-30
Posts: 304
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Our division is takin' it easy. Saving our best for the playoffs. At least that's what I hope is going on. My team seems to have fallin' asleep the last few weeks. Could be an early exit this year if things don't pick up.

Did you see Furballs RB's this week? He going out with a bang. Who's going to take that 13th spot? Big Jim or Scrappy? It all rides on the Big Jim vs. VG showdown on Monday Night Football. If VG can get by Big Jim tonight, I think he wins the division and gets the bye.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©
 
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Parental Consent Form | contact | Comments ]

All content © 2013 Wisconsin Geocaching Association, except comments and forum entries which are property of their posters.

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.
 


Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the WGA Terms of Use


Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts
New code written and maintained by the RavenNuke™ TEAM


(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 0.14 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::