49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors

Contact Us

Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Follow Us

Twitter Button

Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax

COTM
Winner -
March 2014 Northern Zone:
Apostle Islands-Mawikwe Sea Caves

Winner -
March 2014 Northeast Zone:
Moscow, We Have A Problem

Winner -
March 2014 West Central Zone:
World Wide Quarters

Winner -
March 2014 South Central Zone:
WSQ Dunn

Winner -
March 2014 Southeast Zone:
Risen King

Winner -
March 2014 Series of the Month:
Woodpecker Series of Johnson Creek

More Info >>>

Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mister Greenthumb
WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

amita17 wrote:
Mister Greenthumb wrote:
AuntieNae wrote:
The food request is coming from people who are working at the event .. had to juggle volunteers to cover so we could leave to eat ..

I have been involved with events where "runners" would go out for those who could not get away. If that interests you it might be able to be arranged.

I had not thought of this. I would be happy to make a food run for volunteers. I will try to remember to ask next year, or someone can just ask me then.

Great, now you are officially the chairman of that group, thanks for volunteering.

amita17
WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Remind me next year. I am sure I will go back to being self-involved by then.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We look forward to this event every year! Very happy that it is in our home town! However, we thought we had the opportunity to get the cache bash coin offered for sure as we live here, too our surprise they were all gone with in the first hour! Next year suggestion should be a pre registration for the coins so you would have an estimate on how many to order. Hope we receive the one we signed up for. As for the food, I understand what you are saying about area restaurants, but you should look at another perspective. We were all full of mud, soaked, and smelling of bug spray!!! Didnt want to go to a public restaurant like that. What if you have the vendors set up during a posted time on sat.? Chamber restaurants could set up small booths during lunch time. Also we did multiple caches that were in same locations as last year.
Didnt consider them to be new! We still love this event and will be there for the next. Thanks for all the hard work!

LDove
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

BR Wilson, I completely agree. I looked like somebody hit me with a train usually when I am done caching. I have wanted the Chamber to ask local vendors to bring food carts OF THEIR OWN FOOD - like Subway or a pizza place, etc... I will try to get the committee to relook at the fact that these merchants could still get the benefit of the sale. I think from the merchant's standpoint, competing against perhaps 3 or 4 other vendors for 1,600 customers may not be a financial gain for them and they are reluctant to commit to it. The numbers keep growing though and with the big 5 year celebration next year - maybe it will be enough people.

P.S. Anybody else think because we had a Lackey from groundspeak that Jeremy Irish will show up? I heard he sends one out before he actually attends and next year is 5 years.... Shocked crossing my fingers and toes!!!

WGA Webmaster
WGA Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

LDove wrote:

P.S. Anybody else think because we had a Lackey from groundspeak that Jeremy Irish will show up? I heard he sends one out before he actually attends and next year is 5 years.... Shocked crossing my fingers and toes!!!

I would rather have Sandy back. Much cuter than Jeremy...

Mister Greenthumb
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Team Black-Cat wrote:
LDove wrote:

They were sending Lackeys to all of the Mega Events this year so I don't think that means anything.

LDove
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mister Greenthumb wrote:
Team Black-Cat wrote:
LDove wrote:

They were sending Lackeys to all of the Mega Events this year so I don't think that means anything.

I beg to differ, I think it means alot, I think they are looking for which events to have him attend next year. JMO! Very Happy

WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LDove wrote:
BR Wilson, I completely agree. I looked like somebody hit me with a train usually when I am done caching. I have wanted the Chamber to ask local vendors to bring food carts OF THEIR OWN FOOD - like Subway or a pizza place, etc... I will try to get the committee to relook at the fact that these merchants could still get the benefit of the sale. I think from the merchant's standpoint, competing against perhaps 3 or 4 other vendors for 1,600 customers may not be a financial gain for them and they are reluctant to commit to it. The numbers keep growing though and with the big 5 year celebration next year - maybe it will be enough people.

it could be like A Taste Of West Bend thing. thats kind of what they had at the Regner park anniversary celebration. Maybe instead of the bar thing after why not have a band start after the prizes are drawn and sell beer there and donate the money from the beer sales to a good cause. or even sell brats, burgers, and dogs ourself and donate the money. if this is all not right to do then explain music on main every thurs night. i bet theres about or less then 2000 people there and they serve food and beer.people are not going to the chambers resturants. then the churches should not have there picnics because they sell food and people are not going into the chambers resturants. Maybe its to form a West Bend geocaching org and get rid of the chamber all together. i know that would be next to imposable to do. as you can tell the chamber just really upsets me with there favoritism. i have no beefs with the commitee cause i know they can only do what the chamber allows them to do. i also know that the chamber wont even care what is being said on here. sorry but i had to say my peice.

CacheNoTrace
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did someone say BEER!?

rcflyer2242
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have been looking for a new part time money maker and a hotdog - Brat cart sounds like the ticket. I have been thinking about one of those doughnut makers that you see at fairs so I could add that also. Sounds like a couple gross of dogs and brats should do it. I would even put a TB on it like the WGA trailer has so it would be an official traveling dognut cart. Laughing

The Crippler
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As I have said for the three previous years, the chamber should focus on getting prizes from their members. This will "bring us back" at a later date and be much more worthwhile than free gun locks. Because of the change in format for tickets we just find event caches if they are on our route now. The difference between 2 and 7 tickets for a gun lock means very little, If there were resturant gift certificates, hotel stays, etc., we might go for more raffle tickets and actually utilize chamber businesses more if we like their offerings.

goirish75
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

billrwilson wrote:
LDove wrote:

it could be like A Taste Of West Bend thing. thats kind of what they had at the Regner park anniversary celebration. Maybe instead of the bar thing after why not have a band start after the prizes are drawn and sell beer there and donate the money from the beer sales to a good cause. or even sell brats, burgers, and dogs ourself and donate the money. if this is all not right to do then explain music on main every thurs night. i bet theres about or less then 2000 people there and they serve food and beer.people are not going to the chambers resturants. then the churches should not have there picnics because they sell food and people are not going into the chambers resturants. Maybe its to form a West Bend geocaching org and get rid of the chamber all together. i know that would be next to imposable to do. as you can tell the chamber just really upsets me with there favoritism. i have no beefs with the commitee cause i know they can only do what the chamber allows them to do. i also know that the chamber wont even care what is being said on here. sorry but i had to say my peice.

LOVE the idea of having food, beer, music and the "POST BASH" right at the park!! Thats a terrific idea! (yeah, thats all I have to offer on this, just sayin...)

WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know how many other Caching Teams bring their dogs, but we can't leave them home for four days without putting them in a kennel. Our first year at the Bash, we put them in a doggy day-care kennel near West Bend, so we could get them at night. Worked good, except Jag found, and brought home fleas. Don't do that any more.

West Bend does not allow dogs in their parks, so if it is hot, we don't do city parks. Last year there were a couple caches in Rolph Park...a great dog park!!! About mid-day we did the caches there and had lunch. Worked great. This year no caches in the dog park.

1 or 2 caches in a dog park would be really appreciated. We enjoyed the Park series this year very much, and visited Rolph Park even without a cache there.

Thanks West Bend....good event!!!

LDove
WGA Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hotdogs_off_trail wrote:
Don't know how many other Caching Teams bring their dogs, but we can't leave them home for four days without putting them in a kennel. Our first year at the Bash, we put them in a doggy day-care kennel near West Bend, so we could get them at night. Worked good, except Jag found, and brought home fleas. Don't do that any more.

West Bend does not allow dogs in their parks, so if it is hot, we don't do city parks. Last year there were a couple caches in Rolph Park...a great dog park!!! About mid-day we did the caches there and had lunch. Worked great. This year no caches in the dog park.

1 or 2 caches in a dog park would be really appreciated. We enjoyed the Park series this year very much, and visited Rolph Park even without a cache there.

Thanks West Bend....good event!!!

Ok good idea, next year, new caches in the dog park ok! I'll work on that personally - my pleasure and my dog will have fun putting them there with me - LOL! Laughing

WGA Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LDove wrote:
Ok good idea, next year, new caches in the dog park ok! I'll work on that personally - my pleasure and my dog will have fun putting them there with me - LOL! Laughing

That's the one place one of those you-got-to-be-kidding-me, doggy-did-it, stinky evil cache covers just would not last. Too many nice folks would scoop it up into a Walmart bag! Embarassed

And, oh yes! Please don't make it a ground hide Big Grin:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

View next topic
View previous topic