49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors

Contact Us

Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Follow Us

Twitter Button

Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax

COTM
Winner -
July 2014 Northern Zone:
Call Box

Winner -
July 2014 Northeast Zone:
Twisted Metal

Winner -
July 2014 West Central Zone:
The Island

Winner -
July 2014 South Central Zone:
Puzzle of Books

Winner -
July 2014 Southeast Zone:
Make do with what you have

Winner -
July 2014 Series of the Month:
Door County Barn Quilt Series

More Info >>>

Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Team Hemisphere Dancer
WGA Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CB&MB wrote:

Maybe you should follow your own advice and not look at the forums.

The forums are not bothering me, therefore I will still read them.

It is people with a lot of bent up frustration that cannot seem to get over a disagreement with another, that I do not spent much if any time on the GC.com forums.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Team Hemisphere Dancer wrote:
CB&MB wrote:

Maybe you should follow your own advice and not look at the forums.

The forums are not bothering me, therefore I will still read them.

It is people with a lot of bent up frustration that cannot seem to get over a disagreement with another, that I do not spent much if any time on the GC.com forums.

WHAT?!!

kbraband
WGA Historian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO, there should be no concern that a new logo design is similar to something else out there, unless the other one is for a geocaching organization in or near Wisconsin.

Thanks for your positive efforts, Cheesehead Dave.

PCFrog
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Our form is hardly like GC.com and CB&MB post is only expressing their feelings and how they perceive the events that have transpired.

If the WGA is going to be an effective community we have to respect, listen and respond to the concerns of other members. It is important that people feel free to be able to express themselves with out reprisal.

Here what I think of CB&MB post.

I guess I missed the page in the bi-laws that said the BOD was the sole decision making group in the WGA. To include changing our logo. I noticed in the past that CB&MB likes to have input as well in the happenings of the WGA, another essential part in a group is all members fell useful and have an impact on the group. The board members are there to guide, manage, and facilitate the WGA. We are not so large that it would be impossible to actually take a tally like a town hall meeting. Of all the members there are in the WGA, only a hand full are actively participating here. Yes, not all things should have to go threw all members for that would be a waste of time. But issues that define what the WGA looks like and how it functions should be at the hands of it members as well.

Gee, silly me, I thought "they" were elected to plan "our" picnic and camp-out. And to buy a griddle that "we" aren't allowed to use at "our" events unless "they" say so. I only know that it was not used. The why and reasons I’m again not sure of except a post made by Greyhounder Given all the things that need to be done in the AM to set up for the picnic, a pancake breakfast would not be feasible at this time. That is, unless, other people want to volunteer for these duties.... Bec So from this I guess the fault is the members of the WGA for not stepping up to help. I personally don’t remember help being asked. -- I said I personally don’t remember
And to tell "us" how much money "we" have sitting in "our" bank account, while asking "us" to give more so it can sit there as well.She is right on this from my perspective. It seems to keep coming up and the general feel I get is the WGA is broke and hardly make ends meet. And to try to control all of Geocaching in the state of Wisconsin, while forgetting that without Groundspeak none of us would be here. This is one of those things that while it does affect those beyond the WGA I feel that their work with the DNR and others is for the overall good.

And then of course there's the fact that the board didn't want anything to do with creating the WI coin, until someone came along with enough vision and drive to push it through...it was almost like they figured out how much money they could add to the bank account and decided to jump in and take, at least partial, credit for their creation. oh man… (I assume you mean 1st coin) This is a subject I never brought up and still not sure I do now. Since I’m not sure if you’re referring to 1st coin I will just say your generalization is how I felt. Like the rest of us wouldn't know where they initiated. And let's not forget the "free" coins that were supposed to be handed out to people that the board deemed "worthy" of receiving them. (And didn't they tell us to nominate people we thought should have one?...Have any of those nominated gotten one?) no

And for goodness sakes, please don't even think about suggesting parks for the next picnic and/or camp-out. Those suggestions should only be made and voted on by the BOD...or did they vote to allow the rest of us a vote in those choices? Not ever knowing where to suggest a place, I just made my suggestion in the “Suggestion Box”. The Board has yet to remark on far as I know or tell other people where to make recommendation or to just stay out of it.

Am I a bit bitter? Yes, I guess I am. I'm tired of people trying to tell me that the WGA BOD is the only voice worth hearing in the state. Hey, I know, while we're at it, why not stop allowing the body to vote on COTM and just have the board pick it. And why not lock the "reply" link in the forums to everyone except the board? That way we can all be as brainwashed as...well, nevermind.

FOR THE RECORD: It's not the entire BOD that I'm upset with. Some are doing good things. It's the ones who sit in their bubbles thinking their poop (Am I allowed to say "poop" here or should I say "dung?") doesn't stink that tick me off so bad! In this whole post she only expressed her disappointments, concerns , and wishes. She reframed from personal attacks and the such.

I know CB&MB seem to be inconsiderate at times but that is her/his personality and they are part of the group. I have myself at times been on the other side of the fence with MB but that was that. Think about what was said and don’t jump to “oh my this is like GC.com” We have things that need to be worked out and with the diversity in the group people will rub shoulders at times. Deal with it and address the problems that were brought forth.

The fact remains that the issue of a new logo is another thing that been going on now for a long time. This is the BOD job to identify these issues and get them moving along. Set up a person or persons to over see a new logo and ask “officially” for people to submit ideas. Let the WGA members pick the best they like. Its called being involved.

Hope all are having a good day….

CB&MB
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

NOTE TO PCFROG:
Very Happy

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cheesehead Dave wrote:
EnergySaver wrote:
It doesn't seem to spin, blink or change ... but I like it too!

Better?

Stop the spinning!!!!!!!!....between you and tyedyeskyguy, I'm getting motion sickness!! LOL You guys have too much time on your hands. (now teach me how to do all that stuff too Laughing )

Love the logos tho!!

WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu wrote:
(now teach me how to do all that stuff too Laughing )

Love the logos tho!!

Try this: GIF Works Smile

LightningBugs Mum
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

PCFrog wrote:
Our form is hardly like GC.com and CB&MB post is only expressing their feelings and how they perceive the events that have transpired.

If the WGA is going to be an effective community we have to respect, listen and respond to the concerns of other members. It is important that people feel free to be able to express themselves with out reprisal.

I know CB&MB seem to be inconsiderate at times but that is her/his personality and they are part of the group. I have myself at times been on the other side of the fence with MB but that was that. Think about what was said and don’t jump to “oh my this is like GC.com” We have things that need to be worked out and with the diversity in the group people will rub shoulders at times. Deal with it and address the problems that were brought forth.

In spite of the recent squabbling, this forum is NOTHING like the GC.com forum. The difference? Most of us actually know each other! People who post a lot on the big forum (and THERE'S a bunch who think their poop don't stink) have the benefit of knowing they are unlikely to ever be face-to-face with most of the others.

We here in Wisconsin are one big family - at least that's how I see us. And members of families don't always get along, and sometimes there are heated disagreements. But that doesn't make us any less of a family!!!

OT: I like the logo without the spinning stuff. I've seen lots of similar logos for different things. It's really hard to come up with anything truly original that still looks good, so I wouldn't worry too much about the "stealing" issue. Red would be a nice change of pace.

Coastiegirl04
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have come up with a design.. just not sure of how i post it... could someone help me.. please it nothing orginal.. but I think it looks good..

check out my blog!
http://coastiegirl-lindsey.blogspot.com/ 
Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

tyedyeskyguy wrote:
Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu wrote:
(now teach me how to do all that stuff too Laughing )

Love the logos tho!!

Try this: GIF Works Smile

THANKS!!! Now I have something else I can play with at work LOL

WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Coastiegirl04 wrote:
I have come up with a design.. just not sure of how i post it... could someone help me.. please it nothing orginal.. but I think it looks good..

Is it on paper and you need to scan it??? or is it a photo or file??

WGA Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its on the computer.. its already a document/picture(however you want to word it) I just trying to figure out how i put it here in the forums..

check out my blog!
TyeDyeSkyGuy
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You would need it to be an image file like a .jpg or .bmp file. If it's a word document, I don't know how you could get it here other than printing it, then scanning it.

Once you have an image file, just click the "Img" button and paste in the URL to the image.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, e-mail me what you have and I'll help you through it.

Coastiegirl04
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok yea i have no idea.. i'll email you the design i have... If thats ok with you?

check out my blog!
Trudy and the beast
WGA Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The issue of changing the WGA logo has come before the BOD on a couple of occasions. Two or three possibles were presented at the Feb 19th meeting of the Board. Unfortunately there was no support for pursuing the idea at that time. In fact, the ideas presented by CH Dave are bolder and more professional than those we had seen earlier. Reviewing the minutes of that meeting failed to produce evidence of such a suggestion. Arguments for considering change were apparently weak. Perhaps now is the time to take another look at some of the other suggestions that were ignored at that meeting.

View next topic
View previous topic