49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors

Contact Us

Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Follow Us

Twitter Button

Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax

COTM
Winner -
June 2014 Northern Zone:
Forbidden Fruit

Winner -
June 2014 Northeast Zone:
Wildlife & Travel Bug Sanctuary

Winner -
June 2014 West Central Zone:
Pirates of the Roche-a-Cri

Winner -
June 2014 South Central Zone:
The Big "K"

Winner -
June 2014 Southeast Zone:
Whoomp! There It Is

Winner -
June 2014 Series of the Month:

More Info >>>

Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Walkingadventure
WGA President
WGA President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not looking for Oak, Spruce, Nut, Lincoln or any such logs, just the good ol' Geocaching Logs.

What are some of your favorite cache logs? I had this one roll thru the other night from a cache I have in IN:

GCQY3C Still Closer:
"When we went for this one we had an ex-muggle in tow. She saw us looking for the nearby multi and had asked what we were up to. We gave her a brief crash course and handed her a GPSr with the arrow screen showing and set her loose. She got withing about ten feet of this hide, when we showed her to to find a cache and sign the log. She went off home to set up her screen name. Another "thumbs up" for caching fellowship!"

Looks like a success story and something positive.

The posts and opinions shared here are solely that of the individual and do not reflect the beliefs of the WGA Board of Directors. 
RSplash40
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tftc!

oh c'mon you had to know someone was going to do that. The best are milestone finds for me.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

: )

Gotta love them! (not)

I personally like toe story logs, even when they don't make any sence.

lone_gunman
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"We were up in the area today to attend a family reunion in Marion. We went out visiting cemeteries to find the location of some of our relatives. We knew there had to be a cache at this historical marker so we made a stop here. We loved the history with this location and the burial site of this chief. We were the first to sign the new log. Thanks for replacing this cache and giving us the opportunity to have an additional reason to stop at this location. One of the things we love about geocaching is finding great historical places to stop like this that we wouldn't even know about had we not been geocaching. Thanks for placing. By the way I believe you took me out at the cache bash to do the chirp cache as well as the wherigo cache. Remember I made the ghost sounds along the route. It was great to find some of your caches up north!"

What\'s life? Life\'s easy. A quirk of matter. Nature\'s way of keeping meat fresh 
Muggle B
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

heres one I got yesterday, and this is the reason I took the 35mm out and put something neat in its place

"AWESOME CONTAINER!!!"

WGA Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

2 of them that we got a good chuckle over at coffee.

http://coord.info/GC12BVN
01/08/2011
Ok... So.my first log for this cache wasnt very eventful... However, moments after I logged the find and as urbanclimber and I were making our way back to the car I spotted a racine county sheriff''s deputy car behind mine. I walked towards urban climber to tell him about it and right after I told him... We were told to come out of the woods with our hands above our heads. We obviously complied despite the overwhelming difficulty of navigating through substantial vegetation with your hands in the air...as I neared the clearing I realized that there were two officers with their guns drawn and aimed directly at us. We were cuffed and questioned. Unfortunately they weren't familiar with geocaching... And were somewhat concerned by a car parked on the side of the road with several .50 cal containers in the back seat and footprints leading into the woods near the interstate. They called in an impressive amount of backup before finally releasing us. Definitely an intense day of caching!

http://coord.info/GC3DFGD
2/29/2012
Tinkertoys missed all the excitement, but tooncrazy saw a bit. I arrived at GZ only to find another vehicle parked there. thinking it was another cacher, I pulled up next to him. It was then that I saw he was a gamewarden. I asked him if he knew about geocaching and was grabbing the new one here. He said he knew of geocaching but wasn't doing it just then. He wanted to know what I was doing. I told him there was a cache nearby at which point he got out and grabbed the container like he knew where it was. He got back in his vehicle and opened the cache and pulled out the log sheet. I got out to go over and sign the log, but when I reached into my coat to get my pen, the warden leaned back and went for his gun! Holy crap, my dumb ass almost got shot. When a law enforcement officer is checking your story, don't be putting your hands inside your coat. Obviously, my story checked out, and after explaining more fully the idea of geocaching the warden relaxed. He said he lived nearby and saw unfamiliar cars pulling up and doing suspicious things at GZ. He thought is was a drug deal or worse. I thanked him for his vigilance and we parted ways. Hopefully it will be AT LEAST 4 years before this happens to me again.

labrat_wr
WGA Vice-President
WGA Vice-President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

lone_gunman wrote:
"We were up in the area today to attend a family reunion in Marion. We went out visiting cemeteries to find the location of some of our relatives. We knew there had to be a cache at this historical marker so we made a stop here. We loved the history with this location and the burial site of this chief. We were the first to sign the new log. Thanks for replacing this cache and giving us the opportunity to have an additional reason to stop at this location. One of the things we love about geocaching is finding great historical places to stop like this that we wouldn't even know about had we not been geocaching. Thanks for placing. By the way I believe you took me out at the cache bash to do the chirp cache as well as the wherigo cache. Remember I made the ghost sounds along the route. It was great to find some of your caches up north!"

Hmmm, now who could that have been????

All forum posts are the thoughts and opinions of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of the WGA Board of Directors 
WStemple
WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Longest log entry that I have ever seen. A couple that came to do the Barn Quilt series.
============================
THIS is what geocaching is all about We highly recommend this series to everyone ! This is MUST DO caching

The Sugar River State Trail is awesome and so is this series of caches Been wanting to come here for about a month and today we finally made it. The drive was glorious ! We saw 6 barn quilts on the way. I LOVE THEM

We rented a tandem at the New Glarus Depot/Museum at a cost of $25 for the day. Trail passes were $4 each. Grabbed a few of the wonderful free magazines one of which (Green County Visitor Guide 2011. Red Hot Air Balloon on cover), has a really nice pull-out map of all the Barn Quilts and pics of each. Checking out all 100 would make a really fun road trip !

It was a TOTAL BLAST riding the tandem along the trail After the 3rd cache we had getting on and off AND the pedaling thing down to a science. If one of us wanted to stop pedaling we'd say "coast." Then one of us would say "pedal," to start up again. It's really annoying on a tandem when one person stops and starts pedaling without warning After that it was smooth sailing all the way

We parked in the small gravel lot at the trailheads for "Swiss Star," and "Star Shadow," on 59, right next to the service station. This is THE PERFECT spot to park with caches on both sides and a service station with everything you might need for the journey. They even have hot food and fresh made fried chicken. There are picnic tables out back too. We grabbed water and trailbars there and headed out on the first leg of our journey.

First group of caches from "Swiss Star," to "Clarence Covered Bridge," is about 4.5 each way. Took us just under 3 hours to finish.

Found all of the caches EXCEPT "Cornucopia," which my knuckleheaded self somehow neglected to put on our bookmark/PQ ! Ugghh I was SO TICKED at myself when we got home and looked at the map to make sure we got em' all. Was I surprised I forgot one when I was making the bookmark Nope It's typical

Since we plan on going back in the next few weeks to get the Barn Quilt caches on the Badger State Trail, we'll just grab Cornucopia then so no biggie.

The scenery along the way is to die for gorgeous The autumn colors are incredible. I really can't put into words how pretty this trail is

Cruised back to our truck. Purchased a few more bottles of water and went across the street to start the second leg of our journey with "Shadow Star." These 24 caches were approximately 2.8 miles each way and only took us about 2 hours. So total mileage is just over 14 miles.

This side of the trail is totally different from the "Swiss Star," side and equally as gorgeous. Lots of huge open prairie in the distance. The sun was setting and it was absolutely beautiful !!

Made it to "Farmer's Daughter," without a hitch and headed on back to our vehicle. We exited the trail about 30 minutes before darkness started to fall.

Drove back to the depot to drop off the tandem. Even though they close at 4pm they let you keep the bike as long as you need to. They give you a lock to lock it up with when you return it. Things worked out perfectly.

Today was ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST DAYS we've EVER had caching and we'll ALWAYS REMEMBER IT It was perfection from start to finish ! Perfect Indian Summer weather. Outstanding trail. Spectacular scenery. Nice hides. Nice containers AND the company of my awesome caching teammate How often do PERFECT days like this come along

THANK YOU SO MUCH WStemple for this AMAZING contribution to the game and for luring us to a place we'll NEVER forget and ALWAYS REMEMBER as one of THE BEST caching journeys we ever had.

Carl & Kimberly...TeamSeekAndWeShallFind (we had to leave Happy, the 3rd member of our team home today. She would've loved it here. Time to get a bike with a dog seat !).

Walkingadventure
WGA President
WGA President

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.

The posts and opinions shared here are solely that of the individual and do not reflect the beliefs of the WGA Board of Directors. 
WStemple
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

And she had to delete some of what she wanted to write because she ran out of space.

sandlanders
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

WStemple wrote:
And she had to delete some of what she wanted to write because she ran out of space.

That's when you continue your log in a "write note" posting. Wink

WStemple
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Way to much copy/pasting. When you have some time, you should check out the fantastic pictures she posted also.

lone_gunman
WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Out for a day of wasting time with rsplash40 in and around Shawano. 'splash wanted to park as close as possible to the cache, but I convinced him that driving on the grass probably wouldn't be appropriate. Made the long hike to GZ from the parking lot and searched for what seemed like minutes to find this well camouflaged and well hidden container. That's how I choose to remember it, anyway.
TFTC!
TBC

What\'s life? Life\'s easy. A quirk of matter. Nature\'s way of keeping meat fresh 

View next topic
View previous topic