49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors

Contact Us

Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Follow Us

Twitter Button

Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax

COTM
Winner -
August 2014 Northern Zone:
WSQ Gordon Cemetery

Winner -
August 2014 Northeast Zone:
Trout Haven

Winner -
August 2014 West Central Zone:
WISCONSIN DELORME CHALLENGE

Winner -
August 2014 South Central Zone:
Capitol Punishment

Winner -
August 2014 Southeast Zone:
Wisconsin Homestead - Emslie Farm

Winner -
August 2014 Series of the Month:
Classic Childrens Books

More Info >>>

Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Coastiegirl04
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OK sorry this has taken so long for me to reply about this, but work has taken over! OK i need to know who is camping, and who is not, but is going!! please list that here!!

This is whats going down as far as i know
Friday the 21 JUL 06 camping at Lil' otter's (have to email her for coords to her place) Also a little caching in the area if time
My parents (yes my parents my dad wants to tag along on the hike and if its OK by Lil otter to have a camper there??) want to come and are willing to cook for us IF any of you are willing to chip in say 5 to 10 dollars for food. (still trying to figure that out its going to depend on number of people camping)

Saturday 22JUL06 meeting at the beginning pt of the Gauntlet, at 9, 1000 being the latest
After the COMPLETING the Gauntlet Back to Lil Otter's to where my mom and sister is going to have food, and drinks for celebration of completing the Gauntlet Party Time! Very Happy

Sunday 23JUL06 - maybe getting some more caches in the area if anyone is willing and then we say our good-byes! Crying or Very sad

that's what i got figured out, if anyone got anything to add or not agree with something please please tell me!!

So now i need to know from all the ones wanting to go...
Going: Yes/No
Camping: yes/no
What nights: Friday/Saturday or Both
Willing to chip in a some money for food: yes/no and how much

I believe that is all i need i hope this answer all of your guys questions!!

check out my blog!
http://coastiegirl-lindsey.blogspot.com/ 
Jeremy
WGA Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Short Answers:

Going: Yes... I will be bringing along Piwko Kurczak (a Gauntlet rookie... new blood Wink) so put us down for 2
Camping: no
What nights: n/a
Willing to chip in some money for food: Yes, unlimited $ for food on Saturday night

Long Answers:

We'll be Trudy camping in a hotel near Lil Otter's undisclosed location. So we'll probably stop by the makeshift campground on Friday night.

Also, we'd be up for any caching after the Gauntlet... maybe some night caching on Saturday night? Wish I had time to do the award winning Lone Rock cache again that weekend, but I recommend it to those who will be in the area with some time on their hands. Hmm, maybe doing this one for the fourth time as a night cache might work... Shocked

Coastiegirl04 wrote:
Saturday 22JUL06 meeting at the beginning pt of the Gauntlet, at 9, 1000 being the latest
After the COMPLETING the Gauntlet Back to Lil Otter's to where my mom and sister is going to have food, and drinks for celebration of completing the Gauntlet Party Time! Very Happy

Thanks for offering this Lindsey... we'll definitely be hungry and thirsty by dinner time.

Let me throw out one alternative. We could have dinner at a restaurant in the Dells/Baraboo area on Saturday night instead. This would save your mom/sister from having a cook a big meal, planning how much food to prepare, collecting payment for food, etc. It may also be convenient for those not camping Saturday night, as it is like a 40 mile detour to go back to Lil Otter's place.

But you're running the show Lindsey, so we'll go along with whatever you plan for a post-Gauntlet celebration.

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Going: Yes - as far as I know right now
Camping: yes - be in later Friday nite (probably 2 of us)
What nights: Both
Willing to chip in a some money for food: yes $10

Like Jeremy stated, it's a drive back to lil otters so why not just have a nice celebration dinner at a restaurant, but up to you Linsey!!

We had our Gauntlet survival dinner at a nice place...somewhere don't remember where, but it was nice and relaxing... Did someone say BEER?

Last edited by Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Lostby7
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Going: Yes/No YES
Camping: yes/no NO
What nights: Friday/Saturday or Both NA
Willing to chip in a some money for food: yes/no and how much NO, I Will not be heading back towards Otters if there is food on trail or right after I will donate accourdingly.

I would also prefer to eat locally near the cache location.

benny7210
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Going: Yes
Camping: NO
What nights: N/A
Willing to chip in a some money for food: Yes, Providing that the meal is not to late. I must drive home that night.

The Lil Otter
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Coastiegirl04 wrote:
Friday the 21 JUL 06 camping at Lil' otter's (have to email her for coords to her place) Also a little caching in the area if time
My parents (yes my parents my dad wants to tag along on the hike and if its OK by Lil otter to have a camper there??)

I have a paved parking area for your camper to park on.. even electric hook up (smiles).. no tent campers so far.. room for you Jeremy if you'd like the floor (just teasin') and save on the hotel room by staying here..

And I'm so glad it's starting at 9am on Saturday at the Gauntlet.. I'm not a morning person but suggested 8am before because I thought that stating a later time sounded whimpy (grins) Thanks Jeremy!

~The Lil Otter

Coastiegirl04
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well i just discovered yesterday, from my parents that the Pop-up camper has been broken, the lift system for it has broken, and the top came crashing down, so big change of plans!, now its just going to be my dad who is coming, and depending on weather he will be driving his motorcycle from Ohio (crazy!!) so my mom, sister and brother-in-law will not be going now, so no dinner at Lil Otters on Saturday, we can have dinner somewhere around where The Gauntlet...
Also i had gotten a email from Marc, suggesting that we make up a hit list of caches to do in the area, especially for those of us that are staying for the weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions about other caches in in the area that we should do, please give me some suggestions!! (Lil Otter!!)

anyway... so disregard the money part for chipping into for the food!
Lindsey

check out my blog!
Coastiegirl04
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Also if i don't get a reply by everyone by next Friday the 14th of July, I'm going to send an email out to everyone who said they wanted to go in theses forums, I want to have the count by then just so i know how many are wanting to go!

and give out and information that everyone needs to know!

Thanks all!

check out my blog!
Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu
WGA Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Coastiegirl04 wrote:

....make up a hit list of caches to do in the area, especially for those of us that are staying for the weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions about other caches in in the area that we should do, please give me some suggestions!!

We just ran a query for the area. Load `em up and we'll run with it. We did a few on our trip down, but there are plenty more. We can look at an area and see what's closest and go from there. So run a query for like up to 50 miles out and for the closest 100+. THAT should cover it! LOL

I wanted to tackle "Rock Lobster" but it seems to be disabled/ missing at this time. Hopefully it will be up and running by then.

Lostby7
WGA Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

All you need to do to find rock lobster is bring a new logbook and place it in a waterproof bottle (wide mouth would be best) with a clasp around it and hook it to the mooring. You just have to find the mooring to claim the find if you replace the container. When I found it the cache was attached to the mooring with a caribiner...sounds like that part is still intact.

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu
WGA Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lostby7 wrote:
All you need to do to find rock lobster is bring a new logbook and place it in a waterproof bottle (wide mouth would be best) with a clasp around it and hook it to the mooring. You just have to find the mooring to claim the find if you replace the container. When I found it the cache was attached to the mooring with a caribiner...sounds like that part is still intact.

Thanks LB7! I'll have to look back at the logs and see for sure what the issue is. If the container is missing, I'll have to figure out WHAT to use/bring that is attachable and waterproof.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cache_boppin_BunnyFuFu wrote:
Lostby7 wrote:

Thanks LB7! I'll have to look back at the logs and see for sure what the issue is. If the container is missing, I'll have to figure out WHAT to use/bring that is attachable and waterproof.

Hold that thought. I'll bring a new container for it complete with a log and trinkets. If anyone wants to attempt it I will pass it off to them to use as a new container. There's no guarantees though as the condition of the mooring will determine if it can be replaced.
Just look for me at The Gauntlet; I'll be the one with a GPS unit.

*EDIT* I have a nice new container which will fit small trades (bring waterproof items) The log is nestled in a film can within the new container for added protection).

Last edited by Lostby7 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total 
Team Hemisphere Dancer
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Going, Yes
Camping, No
Eating, I always Eat. It depends on Marcs plans as I am hitching a ride with him and Astro D. Will have to get with him as to what the plan is.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Going: Yes Very Happy (My brother Steve and I - Tim)
Camping: Yes (Friday night only)
Money for food: Yes (any amount)

Last edited by Black Belts on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total 
PCFrog
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

The 1st cache I guess is where yall are meeting at. I suggest that everyone wait at a distance tell all get there and go as a group to the 1st waypoint. If someone gets there early they need to wait. It will be tempting for them to just go look for it but like I said it’s far better in a group.

I so wish I was able to go……Sad

View next topic
View previous topic