49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors

Contact Us

Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Follow Us

Twitter Button

Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax

COTM
Winner -
June 2014 Northern Zone:
Forbidden Fruit

Winner -
June 2014 Northeast Zone:
Wildlife & Travel Bug Sanctuary

Winner -
June 2014 West Central Zone:
Pirates of the Roche-a-Cri

Winner -
June 2014 South Central Zone:
The Big "K"

Winner -
June 2014 Southeast Zone:
Whoomp! There It Is

Winner -
June 2014 Series of the Month:

More Info >>>

Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
redrusty
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i'm sorry that you weren't included in this ry, really i am. it was a really good question, and you're right......

awright tyedyeskyguy, gloves are off again.....answer da question........we need some examples of the 98%............

in all reality though, ry deserves to have his question answered. if you could, find some examples for us. i'd like to know too.

Ry and Ny
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually Ny and Ry got me to delete the rest of the post just to get a #($@&$ answer to the original question.

Also, I challenge anyone here to post the origins and the REAL reasons for the origin of the focus on global warming. Oddly enough, the whole concept began for political reasons from one of our "allies" in order to make a declining nation a political power on the world scene. Someone who wanted to propogate their own nuclear program (nuclear energy only produces water vapor as a greenhouse gas) to regain their position as a world power at the same time they needed to regain world prominence from a political POV.

Any guesses?

Man, I didn't want to take the knee-jerk opposition side, but the ridiculous, silly one-sided GAIA FOREVER garbage leaves me no choice but to take a position I don't at all belive in but to try to bring in more rational minds to offset the extremism.

I'm more interested in people learning the facts about how we got to where we are now than trying to get justification for a ridiculous "98% of climatologists" claim (I'm a physics guy and you're damn lucky to get 30% of 'em to agree with you).

The key to all of this is to find the common ground...to question the guy who invented the internet, to laugh at GWB for his positions on the same issues. The problem isn't that TDSG is wrong or that redrusty is right, it's that everyone has to sit there screaming their @(#$& heads off that nobody else is paying attention.

We have a planet that's billions of years old. Whether you believe in nothing or you believe in a Creator, if you think you're a part of something that can wreck a system of this size in 100 years, you're pretty damn arrogant. Even if you do believe that, look at the scale and whisper instead of screaming. All you do by deriding others is get them to dig their heels in the sand.

There's a story about a tortoise and a hare that a hell of a lot of people could learn something from.

Oh, yeah. And where do you get 98% from, or were you just trying to belittle my opinion without actually stating anything to the contrary? All I asked for was a justification. I didn't even want to really get involved until it was posited that anyone with a working brain had to agree with you.

Last edited by Ry and Ny on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total 
redrusty
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

good response. i got nothin...................

TyeDyeSkyGuy
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I looked and looked for an hour to find that 98% statement, and cannot find it. It is entirely possible that I read it/saw it on an activist site, maybe even heard it from Al Gore, because that rings a bell. It's the one thing I can't back up, but for sure, and saying it conservatively this time, The majority of science backs my side.

You have yet to show any science for your side. You have provided nothing that comes from anywhere but an activist site. In fact, your number one person on your list of people who don't support my position, actually states that he does in his scientific paper.

So, I ask you, where is your science? Where is your proof? Which one of our "Allies" were you speaking of, and where did you get you information.

As for questions, why have you answered none of mine?

The simple fact is that neither of us are going to change our minds, we'll just continue to but heads. I'm actually asking you to not post your answers, because this is way out of hand, and this is not the place for this argument. If you would like to PM me with support of your opinions, please do. Don't post them here. We have derailed my thread long enough.

Until then, I'll continue to believe NASA, The Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change, Joint Science Academies , European Academy of Science and Arts, Network of African Science Academies, American Association for the Advancement of Science, World Meteorlogical Asscociation, American Meteorological Society, Royal meteorological Society, Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences and the 181 countries and European Union that have signed the Kyoto Protocol. You can go on believing your Neoliberterians, the folks from "Moonbattery", and the 8000 people in Smallville Vermont.

Peace!

zuma
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My momma told me that ya never talk about 3 things in polite company: Politics, religion and sex.

With this fascinating thread, and the one elsewhere on religion, I can only figure that someone's' gonna want to talk about sex pretty soon.

That is why I keep hitting the "refresh" button on my browser.

zuma

All posts are the opinions of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the WGA Board of Directors. 
Trudy and the beast
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh.. global warming. Some say it is fact, some say it is not. I guess I am left to reason it out for myself. The more I listen to the argument, the more I realize the NAKED TRUTH is that neither side can prove they are correct.

There, Ralph; I brought in the sex.

gotta run
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still waiting for the ice age that, in the 1970s, there was a "consensus" was imminent...

stokstad
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

gotta run wrote:
I'm still waiting for the ice age that, in the 1970s, there was a "consensus" was imminent...

We killed that Iceage with our Global warming super power!

redrusty
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

just can't help myself.....................here i go again.

another good article i read:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/global_whining_vs_the_truth.html

maybe not enough facts, maybe not a consensus, maybe political, maybe pro/anti/neo/militant/commie/capitalist....i don't know. it's still a good read anyhow.

hyb

Gusty Winds
WGA Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

redrusty wrote:
...a good read anyhow.

hyb

Very well written! .. I gotta get the book.

TyeDyeSkyGuy
WGA Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

redrusty wrote:
just can't help myself.....................here i go again.

another good article i read:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/global_whining_vs_the_truth.html

maybe not enough facts, maybe not a consensus, maybe political, maybe pro/anti/neo/militant/commie/capitalist....i don't know. it's still a good read anyhow.

hyb

redrusty, enough already. Please make your own thread.

furfool
WGA Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/specialassignment/25719999.html

One little oops with one of these and all of that money you would have saved for the year is gone. I am seriously considering going back to incondecents.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

furfool wrote:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/specialassignment/25719999.html

One little oops with one of these and all of that money you would have saved for the year is gone. I am seriously considering going back to incondecents.

Just goes to show how uninformed the media is.

Here is a link to the Environmental Protection Agencies (EPA) Fact Sheet on Mercury in CFL's and how to clean them up. DO NOT USE A VACUUM as told by Channel 4!

Simple to clean up, no cost to dispose. Gotta love that sensationalism the media loves to provide.

furfool
WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the updated(?) info tyedye. I have to admit though, I have no idea how to get broken glass fragments out of carpeting without using a vacuum cleaner.

I inquired about cfl disposal at Home Depot yesterday, and they told me to bring them to the service desk where they dispose of them.

WGA Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What about my carbon foot print I will be leaving when I drive my one little broken light bulb to the dump?

View next topic
View previous topic