The Wisconsin Geocaching Association

  Login or Register

Website Navigation

62.png Home

49.png Information Center
26.png WGA Newsletters
24.png Reviewer's Words
53.png Presentation Resources
39.png Geocaching Files
27.png Bookmarks
56.png Location Rules and Regs
49.png BOD Info Center

17.png Forums
16.png New Posts
20.png Unanswered Posts

calendar_day.png Upcoming Events
mapicon.png Map
29.png Calendar
11.png Submit Event

mapicon.png WGA State Park CachesNew content !

shield_star.png Cache of the Month
mapicon.png Past Winners Map

LonelyCache.png Lonely Cache Game
mapicon.png Current Map
26.png Scoreboard
11.png Submit Report

rescueiconsm.png Cache Rescue
11.png Submit a Mission

icon_community.gif Members
27.png Your Account
47.png Private Messages
contact_blue.png WGA Member Map
Geocaching_LIVE_poweredby_16.png GC.COM Authorization

icon_members.gif News
tree-T.gif Topics
tree-T.gif Archives
tree-L.gif Submit News

image_cultured.png Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Updates
tree-L.gif Popular

shield.png Fun Stuff
28.png Recent Logs
TB.gif Picnic to Picnic TB Race Standings
TB.gif WGA Hauler

49.png Board of Directors
 
Contact Us

 
Facebook

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

 
Follow Us

Twitter Button

 
Subscribe to Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
 
Geocaching.com Search
View Search Syntax
 
COTM
Winner -
July 2014 Northern Zone:
Call Box

Winner -
July 2014 Northeast Zone:
Twisted Metal

Winner -
July 2014 West Central Zone:
The Island

Winner -
July 2014 South Central Zone:
Puzzle of Books

Winner -
July 2014 Southeast Zone:
Make do with what you have

Winner -
July 2014 Series of the Month:
Door County Barn Quilt Series


More Info >>>

 
 
Wisconsin Geocaching Association: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Nature of Amery event is still going on...... Geocaching.com said they couldn't list it as an event because it doesn't...."bring cachers together". I told them that we are going to be caching in the traditional sense of the word but that it was an event because the caches only last one day..... They said my best bet was to list it on this site and the Minnesota site.

Again....We are still doing the Nature of Amery Caching Event.....June 14th Amery WI. North Park. Look for event listed on this site.

I hope to see you there.

muskytooth

questions about this event can come to sosero@amerytec.com
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jeremy
WGA Member



Joined: 2002-02-19
Posts: 3251
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool. Cool

Are you still giving away the GPS units as prizes? Because that might lure a couple folks from "down here" (south of Hwy 29). Wink
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

The committee that sponsored the event (The Nature of Amery Committee) purchased two GPS units. I believe they are the Bushnell Onix 200. I don't have experience with them my self but I hope they are a good unit.

We don't have anything else to give away but there are a lot of things to do that day in the area.....assuming the weather stays nice.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nohandsgps
WGA Member



Joined: 2008-01-18
Posts: 251
Location: Menomonee Falls

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Muskytooth wrote:


We don't have anything else to give away but there are a lot of things to do that day in the area.....assuming the weather stays nice.


If anyone from the Milwaukee area is going, I could send a long a TreeGhost hammock (made in WI) and nohandsgps holder (also made in WI) for some additional give aways. I would ship them overnite, but it would cost too much.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
elfdoctors
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-10-31
Posts: 417
Location: Grantsburg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Where are the details for this event listed? I can't find them. Amery isn't too far from me.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

elfdoctors wrote:
Where are the details for this event listed? I can't find them. Amery isn't too far from me.


They are listed in the Events section of this site.

The coordinates will be listed either tonight or tomorrow if you wanted to get a jump on the day.....otherwise...come to North Park Saturday around 10:00 and pick up a sheet with all the details on it. I don't have an exact location for where we will be sitting. I am told by the Nature of Amery people that we will have a table between the skate park and the tennis courts. That isn't a very big area so we should be easy to find. Look for the Nature of Amery Banner (I was told we would have one anyway.) and/or the GPS hanging around our necks.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cheezehead
WGA Member



Joined: 2006-07-02
Posts: 6063
Location: Hayward, WI. USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dang! Not to far from me either but I have to work. Maybe next time. But good luck! I hope you have a great turn out.
 
View user's profile Send private message
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Nature of Amery Event.

5 Caches make up a poker run. You are allowed to take one card from each cache for every GPS in your group. When finished your hand will be made up of 5 cards, all with different backs on them.

The other 5 caches are normal caches. Some have prizes and some don’t.

All 10 caches should have a number written on a piece of paper/envelope. Please write that number down on this sheet as proof of your visit.

The best poker hand wins a GPS.
Complete all 10 Caches (10 proof of finds) and everyone in your party can enter for a chance to win the other GPS. If you are not available to at the time of the drawing your GPS will be mailed to you.

The drawing will be shortly after 2:00.

The caches can be found in any order you would like….They should all be quick finds.

1. N 45-18.971 W 92-21.706 Proof of Find #_____

2. N 45-18.539 W 92-20.964 Proof of Find #_____

3. N 45-17.073 W 92-20.972 Proof of Find #_____

4. N 45-17.901 W 92-21.692 Proof of Find #_____

5. N 45-17.974 W 92-21.985 Proof of Find #_____ Please park at N 45-17.951 W 92-22.015

6. N 45-18.382 W 92-21.807 Proof of Find #_____

7. N 45-18.680 W 92-21.947 Proof of Find #_____

8. N 45-18.656 W 92-22.255 Proof of Find #_____

9. N 45-18.621 W 92-21.301 Proof of Find #_____

10. N 45-19.405 W 92-21.668 Proof of Find #_____
Other events today:
1. Bird watching by pontoon. Departures leave from York Park 8-11:00am N45 19.398 W92 21.694
2. The art fair goes from 10am to 4pm.
3. Finish out your day with a fish dinner at Centennial Hall (senior citizens center) located at N45 18.229 W92 22.050. The dinner runs from 4 to 7pm.

POKER HANDS HIGH TO LOW
Five of a Kind: All five cards of the same index (Ex: J, J, J, J, J). There are no wild cards but since we are using more than one complete deck, five of a kind is possible.
Royal Flush: A, K, Q, J, 10 all of the same suit.
Straight Flush: Any five card sequence in the same suit. (Ex: 7, 8, 9, 10, J and A, 2, 3, 4, 5 of same suit).
Four of a Kind: All four cards of the same index (Ex: J, J, J, J).
Full House: Three of a kind combined with a pair (Ex: K, K, K, 10, 10).
Flush: Any five cards of the same suit, but not in sequence.
Straight: Five cards in sequence, but not in the same suit.
Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same index.
Two Pair: Two separate pairs (Ex: A, A, 8, Cool.
Pair: Two cards of the same index.
High Card: Ace counts as highest card.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Muskytooth wrote:
Welcome to the Nature of Amery Event.

5 Caches make up a poker run. You are allowed to take one card from each cache for every GPS in your group. When finished your hand will be made up of 5 cards, all with different backs on them.

The other 5 caches are normal caches. Some have prizes and some don’t.

All 10 caches should have a number written on a piece of paper/envelope. Please write that number down on this sheet as proof of your visit.

The best poker hand wins a GPS.
Complete all 10 Caches (10 proof of finds) and everyone in your party can enter for a chance to win the other GPS. If you are not available to at the time of the drawing your GPS will be mailed to you.

The drawing will be shortly after 2:00.

The caches can be found in any order you would like….They should all be quick finds.

1. N 45-18.971 W 92-21.706 Proof of Find #_____

2. N 45-18.539 W 92-20.964 Proof of Find #_____

3. N 45-17.073 W 92-20.972 Proof of Find #_____

4. N 45-17.901 W 92-21.692 Proof of Find #_____

5. N 45-17.974 W 92-21.985 Proof of Find #_____ Please park at N 45-17.951 W 92-22.015

6. N 45-18.382 W 92-21.807 Proof of Find #_____

7. N 45-18.680 W 92-21.947 Proof of Find #_____

8. N 45-18.656 W 92-22.255 Proof of Find #_____

9. N 45-18.621 W 92-21.301 Proof of Find #_____

10. N 45-19.405 W 92-21.668 Proof of Find #_____
Other events today:
1. Bird watching by pontoon. Departures leave from York Park 8-11:00am N45 19.398 W92 21.694
2. The art fair goes from 10am to 4pm.
3. Finish out your day with a fish dinner at Centennial Hall (senior citizens center) located at N45 18.229 W92 22.050. The dinner runs from 4 to 7pm.

POKER HANDS HIGH TO LOW
Five of a Kind: All five cards of the same index (Ex: J, J, J, J, J). There are no wild cards but since we are using more than one complete deck, five of a kind is possible.
Royal Flush: A, K, Q, J, 10 all of the same suit.
Straight Flush: Any five card sequence in the same suit. (Ex: 7, 8, 9, 10, J and A, 2, 3, 4, 5 of same suit).
Four of a Kind: All four cards of the same index (Ex: J, J, J, J).
Full House: Three of a kind combined with a pair (Ex: K, K, K, 10, 10).
Flush: Any five cards of the same suit, but not in sequence.
Straight: Five cards in sequence, but not in the same suit.
Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same index.
Two Pair: Two separate pairs (Ex: A, A, 8, Cool.
Pair: Two cards of the same index.
High Card: Ace counts as highest card.




The Third Coordinate down is incorrect. A fat finger error..... It currently is N 45-17.073 W 92-20.972 and it should be N 45-17.973 W 92-20.972

N 45-17.973 W 92-20.972 is correct! Sorry for the mistake.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bcain
WGA Member



Joined: 2008-06-09
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys for all your time and work putting on a fun event.
Brian & Cindy
 
View user's profile Send private message
Muskytooth
WGA Member



Joined: 2003-08-13
Posts: 8
Location: Amery, WI USA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The weather was perfect and a good number of people turned out for the event. We hope to do it again next year and have a better turn out. Now that we know more about how Geocaching.com handles an event like this....or doesn't handle an event like this....I hope to structure it better for a little more advertising.

We had a handful of new cachers show up and infact....two brand new, first timers, won the two Bushnell Onix 200 GPS that the Nature of Amery committee gave away. It sounded like they all had a good time and I suspect we will be seeing more cachers because if it.

Thanks to all that showed.
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
emtcop
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-02-24
Posts: 41
Location: Osceola

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

next year all that you have to do is list it as a stand alone event and not mention he other event by name just state that there will be other thing going on in the area that day sorry that I was not able to make it this year but if you have it next year I will be there
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Da Bloodhound
WGA Member



Joined: 2007-01-31
Posts: 163

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys for a couple hours of fun checking out the landscape in and around Amery. Although a small town the spots picked for caches really got you all around the town and at some neat places. Phynd and I had a good time doing the Beta test, even found one error. Other permanent caches in the area were good too. Hope to see the event on Geocaching.com next year. You may want to contact KB over in Minnesota about snags getting events OK'd. He seems to be able to work around or through all the usual problems.
Thanks again!
Da Bloodhound
 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2008 phpBB Group
:: Theme & Graphics by Daz :: Ported for PHP-Nuke by nukemods.com ::
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©
 
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Parental Consent Form | contact | Comments ]

All content © 2013 Wisconsin Geocaching Association, except comments and forum entries which are property of their posters.

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.
 


Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the WGA Terms of Use


Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts
New code written and maintained by the RavenNuke™ TEAM


(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)
Page Generation: 0.15 Seconds

:: fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by www.nukemods.com ::
:: fisubice Theme Recoded To 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance by RavenNuke™ TEAM ::

:: W3C CSS Compliance Validation :: W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance Validation :: W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliance Validation ::